Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Prefabrication & Automation Workshop Day
Monday July 26
9:30 am Registration Open
11:00 am Workshop A: Developing User Journeys & Defining User Experience for Construction Tools to Ease Use in the Field
- Ryan Salvas Director of Technology Transformation, Suffolk Construction
- Discovering how to conduct a user journey mapping and how to assess current and future goals
- Forecasting vs. backcasting: Understanding how each is used in developing product roadmaps
- Developing digital user experience metrics to drive better employee experience
- Rethinking how to use user journeys, roadmaps, and user experience to help identify areas for potential automation
12:00 pm Break
1:00 pm Workshop B: Setting Up For Success With Prefabrication: How Can You Improve Collaboration Up Front to Open up Doors to More Offsite Construction?
- Alex Belkofer VDC Director, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Benjamin Callam Innovation Lead, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
• Securing full team buy-in and creating a collaborative culture of common goals to explore opportunities for prefabrication and understanding what is required of each stakeholder for success
• Establishing collaborative tools and workflows to integrate subcontractors into the design process and streamline handoffs from design to fabrication
• Benchmarking the best tools available to streamline coordination between project teams and simplify handovers
2:00 pm Workshop C: Streamlining Data Extraction From Design Documentation to More Quickly & Easily Create Prefabrication Level Drawings
- Lonnie Cumpton Senior Director – Industrialized Construction, Sanveo
• Understanding the level of design detail required in models for prefabrication: What is the right information A&E firms must provide to trade partners earlier to ease model development?
• Identifying software and add-ons that can streamline the conversion of models to a 1:1 geometry for automation of production machinery and how this workflow connects from design all the way to output
• Harnessing models and drawings produced for prefabrication to inform field teams of the prefab process and installation requirements of each component
3:00 pm Break
4:00 pm Workshop D: Implementing Model-Based Communication to Improve Technology Adoption & Streamline Efficiencies
- David Pikey Vice President Corporate Technology , The Hill Group
• Building a model-based estimating system to improve the accuracy of estimates
• Discovering how custom Revit workflows inform prefabrication and modular construction
• Exploring how fabrication tracking and metric generation solutions can communicate with business systems to inform business intelligence